If you don't tell your story - who will?
Don't wait until it's too late.
The benefits of preserving your life story:
- Who will tell your story if you don't? Sadly, many have waited until it was too late.
- No one else knows your stories like you do and only you can reflect on the lessons learned and the wisdom gained during your journey.
- People lead busy lives, and even those passionate about saving stories don't necessarily have the skills or time needed to produce a beautiful book.
- In telling how you survived through difficult, painful, or dark times, you teach important life coping skills and resiliency to your descendants.
- You are an important link in the chain of life. Through your memories, you can connect your children and your children's children to voices of their past.
- Family photos and memorabilia treasured for years can be scanned and preserved in your memoir so that loved ones and future generations can bear witness to your story.
- Your story will let your loved ones and your descendants know you were a real, three-dimensional, vibrant person, and not just a name on a family tree.
- Your life gives young people a glimpse into a past, though not too distant, which may seem unrecognisable to them - a life before computers, email, texting, iPads and maybe even before television!
- In sharing the truth about your life, you will be passing down to future generations your personal values, the life lessons you've learned, and the ethical code that guided your life.
- Preserving your stories in a beautiful, heirloom-quality volume, gives your loved ones a precious gift they can treasure forever and pass on to their children and grandchildren.
- We can also make your story available online for family and friends overseas. Please take a look at Jim Simmond's Website as an example.
Relax and enjoy the journey, we're with you every step along the way.
Here's how it works....
We schedule a no-obligation consultation, free of charge, to share information and determine the scope of your project. Every project is different and once we’ve learned all about your unique requirements, we can provide an estimate of the amount of time it will take to complete the project and what it will cost. We’ll also discuss whether you’d like your life story to be available in a book or as a webstory - your own private website to share with friends and family overseas – or both!
Your words from your interviews will be presented
in a stunning book surrounded by photographs,
letters, documents and other precious memorabilia.
The team at Forget Me Not Life Stories believes passionately that memoirs should not only be graphically beautiful inside and out, but bound beautifully. For this reason we offer a range of four luxurious coffee-table quality books where your life stories will give readers a peek back into history.
This option has a soft cover and is ideal when the budget is particularly important. The work, both inside and out is of the same high standard as our other options.
The Heritage is a superbly hand-crafted presentation book with a number of beautiful features such as ribbon page markers, metal corners and the choice of a colour-combination binding material. The title and author name is foil stamped on the front cover.
The DeLuxe offers two distinct features:
The binding is 'flexible' so that chapters can be added at a later date - a unique advantage!
The cover of the DeLuxe is padded giving a luxurious look and feel. It also features ribbon page markers, metal corners and the choice of colour-combination binding material. The title and author name is foil stamped on the front cover.
The A4 Hardcover Landscape is perfect for a thicker book as it is section sewn for greater page stability. The binding is ideal when clients wish to showcase photos as stunning double-page spreads on the inside, and the outside covers can be designed to feature their own photos.
You're never too young to start capturing your memories
Forget Me Not have designed Memory Jogger cards to help capture those special memories. You can start writing down what comes to mind and file them in the box the cards come in ready for the day you want to write your story.
Did you know that if you don't preserve your story,
it will be lost after two generations
Meet our experienced writers
Let's meet for a free of charge, no obligation consultation,
to determine the scope of your project - and let's get your life story book underway.